المبادىء الأساسية لمكافحة العدوى في ظل جائحة كورونا
General Principles of Infection Control in COVID-19 Era
- Improving patient care and staff well-being by proper identifying and reducing the risk of endemic, epidemic and healthcare related infections in patients, staff and visitors.
- To promote awareness of health care workers and coworkers, patients and visitors about the importance of infection prevention and control measures and to make it part of their daily practice to primarily prevent and secondarily contain nosocomial infections, and to ensure a safe working environment for employee and a safe environment for patients to get better.
- To know how to protect the patients, healthcare workers, visitors, and others in the healthcare facilities. And to reduce healthcare associated infections rate to a minimum. And to accomplish these goals in a cost-effective manner, whenever possible.
- To understand the infection control measures which should be followed when dealing with COVID-19 suspected or confirmed cases.
- To know how to manage exposure of HCWs to COVID-19 cases.